The blend of lentils, quinoa, amaranth and buckwheat combined with vegetables in this hearty soup leaves us with an incredibly high fibre, nutrient dense meal packed with plant protein and phytonutrients.
Use whatever veggies you have on hand, and go for a low sodium vegetable stock to avoid the health implications of consuming too much sodium.
- 1 cup onion, roughly chopped
- 1 cup celery, roughly chopped
- 1 cup carrot, roughly chopped
- 1 cup red bell pepper, roughly chopped
- 4 tablespoons Organic Olive Oil, Extra Virgin Cold-Pressed
- ½ teaspoon chilli paste
- 2 tablespoons Tomato Paste
- 8 cups Vegetable Broth
- 1 can Organic Tomatoes, Chopped
- 1½ cups Organic Ancient Grains Soup Mix
- 1 cup spinach, roughly chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 bunch fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
Place onion, celery, carrot and red pepper in a blender. Pulse blend until vegetables are chopped small.
Heat olive oil in a large saucepan at medium heat. Add blended vegetables, cook for 3 minutes, or until softened. Add chilli paste and tomato paste, stir fry for 1-2 minutes. Add stock and chopped tomatoes, bring to the boil, then reduce to a simmer.
Add Ancient Grains Soup Mix, spinach and bay leaves. Continue to simmer for about 35 minutes, or until grains are cooked. Take off heat and remove bay leaves. Serve garnished with coriander.
BY CERES ORGANICS
READY IN 50 MINUTES | SERVES 4