Navigate your sweet-tooth without compromise
Sugar is in all kinds of food, even those that are seemingly healthy like bread, yoghurt, salad dressing and the classic tomato sauce! If you’re planning to cut sugar from your diet, expect an uphill challenge from the get-go.
But all hope isn’t lost. We have a few tips to help you navigate your sweet-tooth sensations, without sacrificing deliciousness.
5 Health Tips
- Temptations strike when we’re vulnerable. When it comes to nutrition, there are few harder tests than when hunger strikes. Be sure to eat every three to four hours to make sure you’re fuelling your body right.
- Drink. No, not that soft drink or sugar-filled juice, water. If you’re stuttering over what to snack on, it probably means all you need is some H2O to keep you going.
- Stress less. Stress can lead you to crave those unhealthy comfort foods that you think will solve all your problems. Knowing when you’re stressed is half the battle, then the next step is consciously choosing the right fuel for your body and mind.
- Get plenty of sleep. If you’re sleep-deprived, your body lacks energy, which can trigger you to crave sugary foods.
- Give in to cravings every once in a while. Make it your goal to practise portion control or pair your sweet treat (like an IsaDelight™) with something healthy, such as a few almonds and blueberries.
Work Smarter, Not Harder
Don’t waste your valuable time researching the sugar content of everything that passes your lips. Replacing just one or two meals with Liora's favourite IsaLean™ Shake (this is protein used in smoothie bowl workshops and the waffle brunch last week) each day will not only save you time (and headaches), it’ll also give you a head start on reaching your new goals, without traumatising your sweet-tooth cravings.