Sweet and Tangy Feijoa Crumble
It's that time of year again where feijoas are falling off the trees daily. Here's a recipe we actually made up ourselves to have a guilt free feijoa crumble weekly.
- Feijoas, enough flesh to fill baking container with 2cm of space at top
- Rolled Oats
- Dark Brown Sugar (muscovado if available)
- Place feijoa skins in ovensafe dish or individual ramekin
- Cover the feijoas with rolled oats (half a cm thick)
- Sprinkle brown sugar & cinnamon to lightly cover top (you should still be able to see oats)
- Chop up chunks of butter sprinkle them on top as well
- Add a little drizzle of honey
Place in oven at 180 for approximately 30 minutes. Cooking time will depend on the size of your baking container. No specifics here, just adjust topping to your sweetness preference.
Best served hot with a side of yogurt.