Starting with a solid foundation for good health
As the weather gets warmer the blends come back out and smoothies become a daily occurrence in many houses around the country.
Just like many things, the foundation of a good smoothie begins with a good source of protein. There are many out on the market so it's important to find one that you enjoy and can trust to be a healthy addition to your daily routine.
- Find a protein that has some science to back it up, there are a lot of companies that have had big studies done to ensure they work. So before reaching for that supermarket brand do some homework.
- Be sure you find one that tastes good! If you wouldn't have it as a shake then don't mix it into your smoothie. You'll end up adding a lot of ingredients to mask the taste which can result in many excess calories and dollars.
- Find a protein meal replacement that already comes with other macros of fat and carbs. This means adding in less which again will help keep those calories at bay.
- Go online and find some good recipe combos!
- Still confused by the endless possibilities - try one of these!