Is your garden overlfowing?
Every summer our garden provides us with excess chillie's and tomatoes which used to be a problem until I discovered this delicious recipe! This super easy to make tomato chili jam is a real hit and works well on Asian dishes, cheese boards or alongside your favourite savoury muffin.
Note: We used a combination of jalapeños and wild fire chilies.
Makes 2 medium-sized jars
- 500g ripe tomatoes
- 4 red chillies
- 5 cloves of peeled garlic
- 2 thumbs of ginger (25g)
- 2 Tbsp Thai fish sauce
- 300g caster sugar
- 100ml red wine vinegar
- Puree the tomatoes, the chillies, garlic, ginger and fish sauce, making sure it is smooth
- Place in a pot with sugar and vinegar and bring to the boil, gently stirring all the time
- Cook for approximately 25 minutes on a gentle boil, stir often
- Once it is thick and shines, pour into sterile containers and seal
Recipe is from the book Ask a Chef, Vol3: Vault 21